Every person on Earth has been created with purpose and design.
However, because of our choices (or sin) we have been separated from God.This leaves each one of us in search of filling that void-in search of having a meaningful personal relationship with our Creator.
The answer to your search is accepting Jesus Christ as the Lord and Savior of your life. To become a Christian, you must know these basic facts from the Bible:
God loves you! Because of God’s love for all persons, He desires that you have unbroken fellowship with Him. (John 3:16, Ephesians 2:4-5)
- You are a sinner. All persons are sinners in that they disobey God. Sin is choosing to go your own way and do your own thing as opposed to being obedient to God. (Isaiah 53:6, Romans 3:10 )
- Sin separates you from God. Sin forms a barrier that prevents you from entering into unbroken fellowship with God, Who is holy. As an unholy sinner, you can’t have fellowship with God. You are headed for a Christless eternity that the Bible calls hell. (Isaiah 59:2, Romans 3:23)
- You can’t save yourself. People often think that through their efforts they can overcome the sin barrier between themselves and God. That isn’t true. There’s nothing you can do to restore the broken relationship with God. You can’t earn God’s salvation. (Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5, Romans 4:4-5)
- God sent His Son Jesus to remove the sin barrier. The death on the cross of Jesus Christ, God’s Son, removed the sin barrier between you and God. Jesus died for your sins, taking your punishment on Himself. God did for you, in Jesus Christ, what you couldn’t do for yourself. (1 Peter 2:24, Romans 5:8, 2 Corinthians 5:21)
- You can receive Jesus Christ through faith. Faith is trusting in what Jesus has done for you rather than trusting your own efforts to restore fellowship with God. Faith is complete reliance on Christ to put you in right relationship with God, allowing Him to live His life through you. Faith also involves repentance or genuine sorrow for sin and willingness to turn away from sin. (John 14:6, Acts 1:31, Romans 10:9-10)
- Through prayer you can trust Jesus Christ. Admit to God that you are a sinner. Express sorrow or repentance for your sinfulness. Ask Him to forgive your sins. Invite Jesus into your life as Savior and Lord. Thank Him for entering your life. Commit yourself to live for Him.
Accepting Christ is the beginning. After accepting Him, be obedient by following Christ in baptism and by uniting with a church. When you do, you will find that life truly does have purpose and meaning. Talk with another Christian about your decision for Christ.